Next Level Basic: The Definitive Basic Bitch Handbook

Next Level Basic: The Definitive Basic Bitch Handbook

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

So again, for those of you who want to another way to laugh at how idiotic and hypocritical Stassi is, this book will satisfy you and give you more depth to the delusion that is Stassi Schroeder. Stassi's shock humor works for TV, but doesn't translate in writing when she has nothing to comment on except her own opinions. I want to make something very clear right off the bat: I am not giving this book one star just because it’s written by a reality TV star.

Millions of Vanderpump Rules viewers and podcast listeners know Stassi Schroeder as a major defender of basic bitch rights. She made made money off me (I drank the kool-aid and thought this book might be worth it) so I purchased it.

But this book was just dumb, I couldn't even get through it all and it's only like 4 hours long on audio. Lisa Vanderpump "Next Level Basic, to its great credit, does the not-easy task of translating Stassi’s on-screen personality to text; you genuinely can hear her on the page…refreshing to read. Honestly, I’d have more respect for her if she actually embraced her “this is who I am and I don’t care what you think” mentality that she advises we all take, when it came to things that have consequences like politics and human decency. There’s something for everyone under Schroeder’s big basic umbrella” ( Elle) and in Next Level Basic, the reality star, podcast queen, and ranch dressing expert gives you hilarious and pointed lessons on how to have fun and celebrate yourself, with exclusive stories from her own life and on the set of Vanderpump Rules.

This trip was extra special too because the camp squad was all in and we went to visit a mutual friend who just moved to grand lake, Colorado. Instead, she embraces who she is in VanderPump, for better or worse, and advises skirting responsibility and embracing obstinance as traits in “strong women. Find your own style, find the people that love and support you and best of all learn from your mistakes because they make you who you are today. She confesses some pretty embarrassing facts: like how she awkwardly lost her virginity, how she experimented with a lot of, ahem, unflattering fashion stages, or how she is DEEPLY fascinated with serial killers. I rarely judge autobiographies too harshly, I often find reading public figures' stories and hearing tidbits about their lives super interesting!Maybe the book wouldn't have been as annoying if I had read it instead of listened to the audio version, but, regardless, Stassi could've done so much better, gone so much deeper. I got to 4 wheel drive the in-laws’ Jeep Rubicon “Rubi” at Rocky Mountain National Park, definitely a fun and somewhat dangerous way to spend a vacation but I enjoyed every minute of it!

For those of you who don't know who Stassi is, she's on a famous reality TV show and she is the most Basic B you'll ever meet. Largely because Stassi wildly overuses trendy talk like "AF," "totes," "supe" and so many more ridiculous phrases that even my teen girls have outgrown. The view in the painting is our view at one of the camp sites — And you know, this is all probably something Stassi would really hate.If you want to laugh and enjoy someone being absolutely real with you, then I encourage you to pick up this book. I’ll tell stories about being basic AF in high school, and then basic AF in my twenties, and I’ll reveal embarrassing and true moments from my life (because not everything ends up on Vanderpump! I walked away thinking that Stassi’s great effort, assumedly targeting a young and impressionable female audience, was more a way to recruit readers onto her runaway train headed off the cliff of reality. If your perfect day means a Kardashian marathon on the couch with an Aperol Spritz, that doesn’t make you any less cool than the guy who spends his day home with his microbrew, listening to jazz (which sounds boring AF, BTW). I never thought I had room for art or that I would be any good at it, probably because at some point someone made me feel I wasn’t an artist.

I was extremely wary about listening to this book because sometimes reality stars books are lackluster.I feel like the writing would appeal more to them and would be a fun and approachable way to get the message of confidence, being yourself and supporting other women to the teenage girls out there. I will tell stories about losing my virginity, totally screwing up on social media, and learning that I don’t know shit about life—which is a pretty good lesson to learn in your twenties—and how not everything can be solved by bingeing on Taco Bell. Next Level Basic is the alternative VanderPump narrative where instead of being impressed by Scheana’s performance, she gets to go home savoring the fact that Scheana made herself look like a twat on national television.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop